Preselect option for UH students
- The preselect deadline for the Spring 2022 match is Wednesday, January 12th 2022 by 5pm.
- It is open to all students who receive a verification statement from UH
- Applications can be dropped off in 104 Garrison
- There is no application fee and no need to use DICAS
*Preselect applicants must have completed at least 1 of the MNT courses to qualify for the UH dietetic internship preselect option.
The University of Houston Dietetic Internship participates in the preselect option to computer matching for students receiving verification statements from UH DPD.
In the preselection process, the program will select students who have met the admission requirements for the DI. The applicant will be notified confirming his/her acceptance status in the program.
If preselected, the applicant's name and social security number are submitted to D&D Digital Systems, Inc. to ensure that the applicant will not participate in the computer match. If the applicant is not selected through the preselect process, he/she may apply to any DI including UHDI through the computer matching process.
Application Materials for Preselect option
Preselect applicants will have to submit a paper application. They cannot use the online DICAS application.
- Download and complete the Preselect-checklist (pdf) (Note: this is different from the checklist for DICAS applicants)
- Complete the paper application (word doc)
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of reference - download blank recommendation form.
- Resume: A current summary of your academic, employment and professional activities. Please include your email address.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Additional material for the distance track
If you are applying to the distance track, you will need to complete additional materials:
- Preceptor Forms, Rotation Schedule: completed rotation schedule, preceptor forms and preceptor resumes for all your prospective sites. Download these forms from the distance track webpage
Drop off: You can drop off your application before the deadline to Garrison Rm 104
Mail: Mail all of the above in a single packet, postmarked by the deadline to:
Ms. Claudia Scott
Dietetic Internship Director
University of Houston
Health & Human Performance
3875 Holman St., Rm 104 Garrison
Houston, TX 77204-6015